Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Torrance California

This past weekend of racing felt like a flash. Everything was go go go and it didn't feel like I had much time to breath. Now that I am halfway through this week I have had time to reflect and be thankful for this great opportunity I have. Chris is still in Carson till Friday at a worlds prep camp. I am very happy that he did so well this weekend and made the cut. Since we traveled out here together I was fortunate enough that I have relatives in Torrance and they had an open room for me to stay at till Chris and I head back to Colorado.

On my ride yesterday I was climbing around Palos Verdes and had to take several deep breaths in and be thankful for this opportunity I have. Never did I think I would be living in Colorado in the situation I am in. The US Para program is to thank for investing in future and current athletes giving them the chance to train full time and reach their full potential.

Southern California isn't typically my cup of tea but the weather and riding has really been nice. The fact that all I have to worry about is kicking my legs up and training when it is warm has been really nice. I am ready to head back to Colorado and get back into a routine there. I have been in California longer than I have been in Colorado. I can't say that Colorado feels like home yet just because I haven't been there long enough but everyone at the OTC makes it easier. Everyone has a smile on their face and are as friendly as can be.

Looking forward to riding today in the sun.

Noah



No comments:

Post a Comment