Monday, February 6, 2017

Colorado Springs, Colorado

I am dreaming of more oxygen. Only being here for a week and then returning to sea level for two hasn't really given me the chance to acclimate to the thin air in COS. Saturday was my first day back and I was more gracious to be back than notice the thin air. I noticed how fresh the air felt versus the smog of LA.

The plan was to leave LA Saturday morning and get back on Sunday. Thursday night I got a call from him saying we were gonna leave a day early and I was so thankful. We drove 11 hours to Albuquerque to stay the night. I think I need to take over booking the places we stay at because the place we stayed at was about as sketchy as I have ever been. The stay was short and we hit the road promptly. We rolled into the Springs midway through one in the afternoon and shortly met up to go spin easy. It felt nice to move the legs and just soak in the fact we were home.

Sunday training resumed normally, Murphy and I went and road for 2 and a half hours and did plenty of climbing. The first climb I was eager and felt like I had some power in the legs. Once we hit the 2nd it was game over. I was gasping for air and overheating. Riding with Chris is good motivation, the guy is strong and I look forward to training more with him in the future. Later that night Chris and his girlfriend Kelly invited me and another resident athlete over to their house for dinner. I was wonderful talking with everyone casually and being in a relaxed setting. Didn't catch any of the game and I heard it was one not to miss.

Today I tried to keep the feet up as much as possible. Tomorrow we are doing a power test in the morning. I can't say I am ready for it. It's going to be a 30 min effort and the fact that I am not acclimated makes me a little nervous but it is what it is and I have to look at it in a positive manner. I had a meeting with our coach Simon today. I was really looking forward to sitting down and chatting with him. I had already really liked his style and what he was bringing to the table when I first met him but after getting to sit down and really look into training and a plan of attack and hearing what he has to say I have nothing but the utmost respect for the man. I think he is exactly what this program needs and I really look forward to working with him.

That's enough for tonight, I'm ready for bed and ready to get over the side effects of altitude. It has been rocking me and I have to remind myself it is only temporary.

Noah


No comments:

Post a Comment