Saturday, January 14, 2017

North Platte, NE

I have lost count how many times I have tried starting up a blog and actually keeping it up to date. This time I have a little more motivation to do so. With this new journey I am embarking on I have had multiple requests for a way to keep everyone up to date. I found this would accomplish tasks, first keeping people informed of my endeavors, second a place where I can reflect on what I have done and vent my frustration and thank those who help me, finally I want to be able to look back on this adventure ten, twenty, thirty years from now and remember what I have done. 

For those of you whom are under informed I have been selected for the residency program for cycling at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Spring. I am typing this from a hotel in North Platte, NE. I really wanted to get this blog started soon to give me a place to release my thoughts whatever they may be. 

This first week I will probably be pretty adamant about updating this blog just to fill in the past month or so of all that has happened leading me up to this point. I want to elaborate on some demons that have been haunting me because I feel like once I face them and get it out in the open it will help me accept and face what has been really causing me a lot of pain and anxiety. More on that soon.

Last for tonight I just feel the need to thank everyone who was there Thursday night to wish me off. The impact all of you have had in my life has been very significant and I love you all. I cried when I got home that night because of the love I felt and what I am leaving behind. I had second thoughts all the way up till last night until I read some of the cards I was given and realized everyone is rooting for me and has confidence that I can come out here and accomplish my goals. I thank you all so much and love you dearly.

Noah




No comments:

Post a Comment