Sunday, January 15, 2017

Colorado Springs, CO

The laughing was uncontrollable, it wasn't hysterical but disbelief. I left my hotel to go get an hour ride in today once the snow seemed to settle down and while it was moderately warm. I was laughing because I had been riding for half an hour and only gone up hill. This is something I have never experienced. I was riding towards the mountains just in awe of the beauty they possess.

Left North Platte bright and early this morning in efforts to beat the weather that was supposed to hit Colorado Springs. The skies were overcast as we continued west and there was a mist that came down from the clouds. Visibility was a minimum unfortunately, seeing the mountains in the distance as we approached never happened. Once I got into Denver I really didn't care I was still an hour away. I was so excited to be so close and right next to the mountains.

Riding today was just what I needed, the temp was warm at 35 degrees and the roads were only slightly wet. Managed to do a 13 mile loop but within that I climbed 1,300 feet. These numbers really don't make my ride seem like a lot but the amount of climbing I did just in that little loop made the ride an absolute blast.

Moving into the OTC tomorrow, planning on taking the morning pretty chill. I don't really know what to expect once I move in. There is going to be a pretty steep learning curve. I'm just going to keep my head down for awhile and try to learn how things work. In less than a week I'll be driving to LA for racing.

Noah


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Colorado Springs, Noah! You will love it here.

    ReplyDelete