Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Colorado Springs, CO

Well updating this is going downhill really quickly. It's not like I am even that busy but more so just wrecked from training at night and don't have the energy to think clearly enough to process my thoughts and type them out. Which is kind of funny that I am updating this now because I just got done with one of the hardest weeks of training. I could easily do this tomorrow on my recovery day where I am mentally fresher but what fun would that be?

Well that first paragraph was when I started updating this about a week and a half ago and ended up passing out. Now that it's been three weeks I don't think I can properly condense all that has happened into a format that will make it interesting to read without typing half a book. So maybe I will just touch on some things that have been going on in my head and see how that goes.

First I do wanna touch on training. For the most part it has been going really well. Working with Simon is very confidence inspiring and he is very adaptable to what needs I have. The past couple weeks the load has increased I felt pretty significantly and I started to notice a decrease in performance and mental clarity. We took a couple days easy and jumped back on track this Tuesday. The first day back after a little recovery always seems to be a little difficult for me. It didn't help that yesterday I spent two sessions on the track mixed with a lifting session in between. It was a pretty big wake up for the legs. It didn't help that I raced the Tuesday night racing at the velodrome last night. I was expecting to jump into the B race due to it being really my first experience doing able bodied track racing let alone just track racing in general. No, that was not meant to be. Simon graciously signed me up to do the A race where I managed to get my teeth kicked in. Realistically I am glad he did that. It was better training and really helped me learn how to race on the track very quickly.

After that my night didn't go so hot. I couldn't fall asleep and was having a lot of anxiety. It had been pretty bad throughout the day and even today was always lingering. Laying in bed last night it drove me to the point of wanting to start to take medication for it. I have always been against medicating but it's to the point where it is really impacting everyday life and my ability to function. I can feel all the tension in my muscles and it is hard to just relax and calm down. In my head I have this idea that something is wrong physically even though I know it's all in my head. Last night pushed me over the edge and I am starting to look into what my options are.

Why don't we end this on more of a happy note. I brought my mountain bike out here with the intention of getting some good riding in on it out here every once in a while. Fortunately/unfortunately there is so many trails out here I didn't know which trails to go to let alone where to go once I got there. Nothing seems to be very marked and unless you have a tour guide you seem to be S O L. Thankfully Mike Durner took me and another resident athlete out. All I can say is WOW! The trails were amazing and didn't seem to end. I can't wait to get more miles out there this summer and explore more. The views were amazing and it just reminded me how grateful I am to be here with this opportunity.

I promise I will really try to update this more often just to keep it a little shorter and more detailed. Hopefully more interesting as well.

Mandy says hi, no, not that Mandy..... and LOL means something else now.

Almost forgot to thank Timmer at HED for getting these wheels out so quickly. Best company ever and seriously have the best customer support. 11 out of 10 would recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment