Thursday, November 9, 2017

Catch up

Good Neighbor Meeting House, COS

I don't entirely know where to start with this post. So much has happened between my last post and now. Instead of getting really in depth with everything that has happened I'll just briefly go over the major events.

There has been multiple drafts that I wrote up and deleted right after the accident but realistically I never felt all that great posting about what had happened. After getting back from Europe I was gearing up for our world championship qualifier. I was riding really well and training was going excellent. I did start to develop some back problems after racing in Italy but overall things were manageable and our sports med department did a great job keeping me healthy. Two days before I was supposed to race I was out going for an easy spin down by Colorado College. Going at a good clip down a false flat a car didn't stop coming out of an alley way until they were right in front of me. Unable to slow down in time I smoked the side of there car flipping onto their hood and then rolling off. As I came to a stop I heard the car peel off and they left me on the side of the road a bloody mess. Thankfully nothing was broken just a lot of missing skin and a bit in shock. Picked myself up and brought myself into sports med. I was in no shape to race in two days. I could hardly move and was shell shocked. 

I was gonna go everything that happened with some detail but I really don't have the mental capacity to even attempt that right now. Prepare for what is most likely gonna be a run on sentence, call the grammar police. In chronological order, went home for three weeks saw people I missed and rode a ton, got back kept training got a sinus infection that turned into bronchitis, crashed out of a twilight crit, two days later crashed at the velodrome donating lots of skin to the ground and got another concussion, two days after that I fell in the shower and tore a muscle in my shoulder. After all that chaos I went and did some of the best road and mountain biking I've ever done up in Copper Mountain with Hayley, Isaac, and Garrett. The mountain biking was super painful with how rough shape my shoulder was in. No regrets had too much fun to even care. Came back down and continued to train aimlessly with no real goal in sight. To keep myself motivated I signed up for a MTB race back home that I really started to gun for. Other bike riding occurred and eventually went back home for another three weeks. Hid up north in Crosby hanging out up at the Red Raven Bike Cafe which is the coolest bike shop/coffee shop I've ever seen with some of the raddest MTBing to be had in Cuyuna. Pretended I was still a bike mechanic and did some guest wrenching for Patrick. Bike race day came, felt good, and 20 miles in the bike decided to fall apart underneath me (kinda not really was a freak thing). That killed my aspirations of doing well at that race and resulted in a DNF.

Now I'm back in the good ole Colorado Springs.  Things have been changing here a bit and I would be lying if I didn't say it has really taken a toll on my stress levels. Luckily I have such an amazing support group here. I really don't know where I would be without them.

Time to get back to updating this on more of a regular basis. Anywho here are some photos since the last update.



















No comments:

Post a Comment